Business Development Manager (Newcastle)
Job Type: TBD
Date Posted: 15 February 2019
About the Role
Barrhead Business Travel has a great opportunity for a candidate with Business Development experience to be responsible for identifying new business opportunities, increasing sales, and building integral relationships with new clients.
As an established business development manager, you'll combine your outstanding relationship building, negotiation and closing skills to secure new business. You'll be confident in identifying your own leads, manage your own timetable and plan strategically to ensure business opportunities are maximised and your brand has a strong presence in the market place.
The responsibilities of the Business Development Manager - Corporate Travel Sector are:
- Achieve sales objectives through prospecting and networking for new business at any given opportunity with a multi strategy approach
- Work to identify and evaluate new markets, target new clients, new leads and opportunities
- Manage sales process through qualification, needs analysis, negotiation and close
- Develop and maintain an effective business, national sales, marketing plans and client retention strategies
- Develop & maintain in-depth understanding of industry and key trends
- Document all sales contacts and activities in the CRM system,
- Follow up on potential leads, prepare reports, manage pipeline and perform other tasks necessary to drive revenue
- Provide constant and timely feedback to Management by communicating back the outcome of the negotiations/proposals
- Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout to help meet company objectives
- Manage a diverse range of client accounts in a professional manner
- Arrange and attend client meetings
- Explore all segments of the business and emerging markets to maximum possible use of services offered to develop and identify new opportunities over all divisions
- Participate in training sessions to further expand knowledge and core skills in addition to continuously educating yourself by attending industry events and workshops etc.
- The skills required for the Business Development Manager - Corporate Travel Sector role are:
- Ability to develop new businesses and achieve sales targets
- Strong ability to create sales presentation and other sales collateral
- Demonstrate an ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain trusting and well regarded relationships with internal and external clients
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you?
For more information please call our Talent Acquisition Team on 0141 223 6655 or click here to begin your application.