Barrhead Business Travel Terms & Conditions
1. By subscribing to Barrhead Business Travel’s newsletter database, you are agreeing to entry into the prize draw and agreeing to the following terms and conditions and by accepting the Prize, you agree to be legally bound by these Prize Terms. If any provision of the Specific Terms conflicts with these General Terms and Conditions, the Specific Terms will take precedence.
2. Any personal information will be used in accordance with Barrhead Travel’s Privacy Notice - www.barrheadtravel.co.uk/privacy-policy and Serco Caledonian Sleepers Limited (SCSL).
3. This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over. Proof of age, identity and eligibility will be requested.
4. No persons, including their immediate families, connected with the administration of this prize draw and/or employed by SCSL or Barrhead Travel are eligible to enter.
5. There is one prize of one club rooms operated by SCSL for two, travelling on any route SCSL provides.
6. The Prize is valid for 12 months from the date of the accompanying Prize letter, unless an expiry date is otherwise stated in the Specific Terms.
7. The specific terms of the Prize are set out in the accompanying Prize letter (“Specific Terms”). These Specific Terms should be read together with these General Terms and Conditions. (the “Prize Terms”)
8. Prize letters will only be issued once. Barrhead Business Travel and SCSL takes no responsibility for lost Prize letters.
9. Prize draw can be entered multiple times.
10. Prize draw has no spend when entering.
11. Prize draw winner will be selected at random from Barrhead Business Travel’s newsletter database.
12. The prize draw ends 26th August 2019. Entries after this date will not be valid.
13. The winner will be contacted within 30 days of the closing date.
14. The winner will be contacted via phone or email and travel is only available to book by contacting Guest Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must quote your name and the reference shown in the accompanying Prize letter when booking. SCSL reserves the right to request proof of your identity, as Prize winner, in the form of a passport or driver’s licence and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that you cannot provide us with proof of identity and/or address that is reasonably acceptable to us, SCSL may withdraw the Prize and select another Prize winner.
15. All Prize reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance of travel. Once confirmed, the reservation cannot be amended.
16. Where applicable, you and your accompanying travel companion(s) must travel together on the same journey that was booked utilizing the Prize.
17. All bookings are subject to availability. If there are no tickets available for a selected journey, please select an alternative date or destination. A break of journey is not permitted.
18. Once a booking is accepted and confirmed by SCSL, tickets will be sent as an email. This email must be presented when boarding to ensure you and your travel companions (as applicable) are permitted to travel. The email can be presented as a printed hard copy or as a PDF document on a compatible device.
19. Prize tickets are non-refundable and will only be valid on Caledonian Sleeper services and will not be accepted by other train operators.
20. Prize tickets have no monetary value and are not for resale or exchangeable for a cash alternative or merchandise.
21. Barrhead Business Travel and SCSL accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the Prize that are not specifically and expressly included in the Prize, including, without limitation, transport to and from the Caledonian Sleepers departure and arrival points, accommodation in London and/or Scotland, attraction charges and meals. All such costs shall be borne by you.
22. The Prize does not include insurance. It is your responsibility and that of each of your travel companions (as applicable), to take out, at your own cost, all relevant insurance (including but not limited to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property) which may be required or prudent to obtain.
23. Barrhead Business Travel and SCSL reserves the right to cancel this Prize should SCSL reasonably suspect that you have not complied with rules of the associated competition or have committed fraud.
24. Barrhead Business Travel and SCSL reserves the right to terminate or modify the terms of the Prize, with or without notice, due to reasons outside its control or if reasonably required to do so, without liability to SCSL, you or any third parties.
25. Barrhead Business Travel and SCSL reserves the right to change or replace the Prize for an alternate Prize of equal value if circumstances change.
26. Barrhead Business Travel and SCSL accepts no liability for you failing to redeem the Prize for any reason.
27. The winner will be given 7 days to respond. If they do not respond within the timeframe, a new winner will be selected.
28. Entries only valid from Barrhead Business Travel’s newsletter database.
29. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-reroutable and cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative
30. The Prize does not include spending money.
31. Prize Winner agree that the Prize Provider Barrhead Travel and SCSL may use the Prize Winner’s name and likeness to administer and promote this prize draw, and may be required for media interviews and promotional events connected with this prize draw but, the Winner has a right to opt out.
32. Barrhead Business Travel and SCSL makes no representation or warranty in relation to the Prize, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, SCSL shall have no liability to you in relation to the Prize, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise.
33. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Barrhead Business Travel and SCSL accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, death, costs, expense or disappointment (whether is contract, tort or otherwise) incurred or suffered by you or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the associated competition and/or from accepting the Prize. Your statutory rights are not affected.
35. In the event that any provision of the Prize Terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, such provision shall be severed from the remaining provisions, which shall continue in full force and effect.
36. The Prize Terms are governed by Scottish Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
37. The prize provider of this competition is Barrhead Travel, registered office: 85 Oswald Street, Glasgow, G1 4PA.